13 January, 2017

Svensk Bilvård i Uppsala, Karoj Invest AB - personal experience

I will use my blog to publish my experience from "Svensk Bilvård i Uppsala, Karoj Invest AB".

Discalmer:
  • This post does not contains comments from the author and does not take any particular side. 
  • Only facts that can be proven (official documents or physical evidences) are presented.
  • This post describes my personal experience and at no point tries to generalize it.

Background of the story
Some time in April 2016, I needed to service the car (the model is irrelevant in this situation) - change of engine oil, oil filter, air filter, spark plugs, coupe filter etc. Using the Lasingoo.se search service, I got reasonable price, from certified car workshop.


Reading this, I got the impression that "Autoexperten Uppsala" is the service in question or at least it is what most of the information suggests i.e. that I will be served by Autoexperten car workshop. Note the small detail in gray "Fristående verkstad".

The service was done, I got one year free road assistance insurance "Assistansförsäkring 12 månader" as part of the package and everything was almost perfect - I found that the air filter was not properly fit, but this was too small problem to complain about.

The aftermath
Some 7 months later (early November, same year), the car got problems during acceleration - kind of hick ups. Essentially, it was very difficult to accelerate rapidly, but without problems while cruising or accelerating with cold engine. The car has 5 years warranty, so we booked time to fix the problem with the authorized car repair shop (the name will remain unmentioned for now). They found that the spark plugs were worn out and one was actually gone, but more importantly - the wrong type! Needles to say, I asked for the old ones as evidence.

excerpt from the scan of the protocol:
Spark plug not original (wrong type) + they were worn out/damaged


So, here is what I got as spark plugs at the car service in question - "BERU 12VR-8SE". Here, I have no other prove but my word, that I have no interest changing the spark plugs of car under warranty - regardless which warranty we refer to - Renault or Autoexperten.
























They were replaced at the RENAULT authorized service with the correct for the engine - RE 8200587901 as seen on the excerpt from the scan of the protocol. One noticeable difference is the "Electrode gap" which for the correct type is 0.7 mm and 0.9 mm for the wrong type (pictured above).
Note: I have briefly checked on the Autoexperten web-shop page for spark plugs that fit the engine - they had none (2016.12.27).

Since I promised to be objective, I leave to the reader to be the judge of the quality of the service I got.


Official complaint
SB were presented with all the evidences - physical (the left-most spark plug remained with SB) + the original documents relevant to the case (copies left). Here is a brief summary of the discussion
  • I: We require that SB covers the expenses for the reparation caused by their faulty spark plugs.
  • SB: You should have come to us to fix it.
  • I: There is no such requirement in the service contract. I could not have know the reason for the problem. I have the car under warranty that is handled by authorized service.
  • Three days later (2016.12.30), I have filed an official complaint with Autoexperten.
  • First official reply from SB (2017.01.03) - SB does not work with BERU spark plugs, i.e SB can not give any guarantee for the damages caused by this model. SB works with NGK spark plugs provided by Autoexperten.
    I leave this without any comment to SB and in the post! 


Supplementary material

Excerpt of the scan of the service protocol (prices blurred to avoid conflict of interest). Note the missing specification for the spark plugs and the engine oil.



No comments: