17 September, 2015

Weather station Prologue IW006-DCF (Clas Ohlson 36-5364)

Well... on this one. Let's start with the good.

Advantages:
  • Very nice weather station with color display that does not need Internet to show the weather! Everything else I found wanted to show me some nice pictures, temperature and forecast from some weather service. I can easily use my 3 years old tablet for this, if I wanted.
  • Indoors and outdoors temperature and humidity readings. It has wireless remote sensor that pair with the station without any problems.
  • Constantly lighted large screen where the time numbers are the largest - yes that is what I want!
  • Radio time synchronization - it has the most stable synchronization from all of my clocks with such feature.
  • Battery backup.
  • Pressure sensor with some sort of forecast.
Disadvantages:
  • Easy to loose the signal from the remote sensor. For a while I thought that because the humidity goes above the range that the sensor can report, was the reason why the signal was disappearing from time to time during the cold nights... Recently I moved the sensor further away (from about 1.5 m to 4.5 m), but faced the back of the sensor toward the clock and since then everything is working just fine.
  • The internal thermometer has 1 degree offset from what all the other thermometer show at the same spot at the same time...
  • A bit clueless about the forecast but it is compensated by the nice pictures on the screen.  

I had couple of other weather stations (some of them are still working), but all of them had BIG disadvantages: 
  • common LCD small or big screen but always dark.
  • the time numbers were the same size as the temperature ones.
  • one of them had large and useless flashing pressure bars.
This one has everything I want and I can happily live with the small problems. Anyway, make sure you read the feedback from other users on the retailers page since there are a lot of complaints , about lost signals, inaccurate temperature readings, broken light etc. All this suggests that the quality is not great and the clock is a bit fragile and there is an element of luck. So, god luck!

Note: the signal from the remote sensor is not recognized by the Tellstick family products.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I have the same weatherstation and we are living to far from Frankfurt where the transmitter is for the automatic time function. This means that during the time the unit is searching for the signal nothing is working. If I Close the panel light during the night I cannot turn the light on again and must restart the unit. There should be a way to disconnect the function.