04 January, 2007

GRT-815M - common temperature values

I have found on internet many people looking for referent data to check if they computers perform well. I have posted already couple of times the common values of the temperature sensors for the model in a previously mentioned user forum, but they are quite difficult to find. This is the main reason why I am writing this blog.

The values are for an idle computer running under Windows XP Home SP1 or SP2 (AC power): use Mobilemeter to get access to the readings of the sensor elements.
quote from my original post:

Recently (2006. Oct. 8) I have opened it and cleaned the dust that was accessible from what one can see under the keyboard and now when the computer is idle the CPU temperature is 45c (dropped from 47c before cleaning) - the temperature in the room is between 22 and 24 degree Celsius - about 40% humidity - (this is not a joke - it matters). Under heavy load the temperature goes up to 69c-70c and stays there. The HDD temp. is usually 35c and goes up to 39-40c under heavy I/O load. I get the same numbers under Windows XP and Linux.

P.S. Consider 45c as a record - I have never had this temp. since I bough it.

No comments: